Saturday, November 22, 2014

Duh Nail Polish Down Home Holidays

Are you guys excited for another Duh Nail Polish collection? I know I am! I swatched these in record time after getting them in the mail because I literally couldn't wait to get them on my nails. This collection is kind of a big one for Duh Nail Polish, theres 5 polishes and three of them dry to the single most amazing matte finish I've ever seen, they are glorious! This post will be picture heavy because I wanted to show the matte ones with topcoat also. 

My Cup Spilleth
My Cup Spilleth (matte)
Hello beauty! Holy moly this is a damn sexy red and I don't usually say that about reds. This matte finish is killer, and the polish is perfectly opaque in two coats. There's flakies and shimmer and magic in here.
My Cup Spilleth (matte)
Them flakies! I die!
My Cup Spilleth (topcoat)
I'm so in love with this polish with and without topcoat! I can't believe how much it changes with topcoat though, it's one of those polishes that glows from within. I don't even have words.
My Cup Spilleth (topcoat)
Spruced Up
Spruced Up (matte)
How perfect is that name? I love it, fits this polish perfectly. Again another sexy and winter appropriate matte shade! All of these mattes have a perfect formula, this was two amazing, buttery coats.
Spruced Up (matte)
This one is a little different in that it has teeny tiny green micro hex in it, it's barely larger than the shimmer but it's there!
Spruced Up (topcoat)
This one is beautiful with topcoat. I love that the shimmer comes alive.
Spruced Up (topcoat)
Sloshed On Cider
Sloshed On Cider (matte)
Oh man, I know oranges can be polarizing but I love this with my skintone, I think it looks really good! Again, formula was perfection, only barely needed two coats to reach opacity.
Sloshed On Cider (matte)
Sloshed On Cider (topcoat)
Topcoat makes this shade look so gorgeous! It's such a pretty burnt orange color and the topcoat makes it look like it's glowing.
Sloshed On Cider (topcoat)
The lone crelly of the bunch, I Got The Topper, You Do The Rest
I Got The Topper, You Do The Rest
Okay. Let's talk about Danyl's white crellies. They're always so creamy and amazing and I may have 40 but I cannot get enough of them, and this one is no exception! It's so wintery and cozy looking, with its brown flakies, silver hex and scattered holo. Swatch shows 3 coats plus topcoat.
I Got The Topper, You Do The Rest
Lastly, and oddly enough the only clear based Duh polish I have, is Joy Oh Joy
Joy Oh Joy
This polish feels so unusual coming from Duh Nail Polish! Danyl always does perfect crellies and jellies, obviously she can do perfect glitters too! It's a clear based micro glitter polish with full opacity in three coats. It's very beautiful and perfect for the holidays, I know I'll be wearing this one a TON.
Joy Oh Joy
There's teeny tiny gold micro glitters along with some bigger slightly darker hex in there. When I was looking at it closer there appears to be a tiny amount of what I think is red micro glitter but it could very well be holo dust haha! 

I love this collection, it feels perfectly wintery and you can tell how much time went into perfecting those matte shades. Can you tell I'm blown away by them? I feel like I keep rambling on about how perfect they are haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment