Friday, May 30, 2014

5 minute quickie: 22, 23, & 24

Mondays theme for the Neverending Pile Challenge was untried stamping plate. 
Here's what I decided on, it was inspired but this little houndstooth jug I saw at Hobby Lobby. 

Wednesdays prompt was trend that died before you could do it. I thought about this for a while and decided to do cartoon nails. I remember about a year ago everyone and their mom did cartoon nails. 
I used Julep Flora and acrylic paints. 
Flora has this awesome blue scattered shimmer throughout and I really like this color. 

The prompt for Friday was solar/thermal. I went with some solar polishes because I have a few of them. 
I used two Del Sol polishes, not sure of the names though. This was in it's regular state.
This one definitely wasn't meant for full coverage, it took millions of coats.
This one was though, 3 easy coats with topcoat.
And outside in the sun the purple micro glitter turned redish, and the gold glitter turned into a black/navy jelly. 
This change was awesome, much more noticeable in person. 
I was not expecting this one to turn into a jelly, it's amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment