Thursday, October 24, 2013

I have a textured problem...

I don't know if it's just me, but I was looking at my untrieds the other day and I have a seriously obscene amount of textured polishes that I've never used. I don't know why, I love textured polishes. Maybe I just don't love them as much when I actually put them on. Or maybe I just have too many untrieds. Haha who am I kidding, there's no such thing as too much polish. 

Anyways, this is the first in a series of textured posts. Things may get a little rough. Okay, I'm done.


From left to right: Julie G Blueberry Fizz (2 coats), Zoya Liberty (2), Sinful Colors Blue Persuasion (1), and Julep Tracy (3).
Here are the same polishes with topcoat because I'm always curious as to what textured polishes look like untextured. 


Omg, Liberty looks so gorgeous shiny! Seriously though, the the Sinful Colors only took one coat for complete coverage. That was wonderful. One coaters make my heart happy. The little purpley/pink glitters in it looks so much better without topcoat. I like that it's not super sparkly like the other textures but still has glitter in it for us glitter freaks. Initially I thought that the Julie G and Julep would be more similar in color but the Julie G has the bigger light blue hexes in it and is a little lighter. I love the texture on the pixie dusts, it's not like sand paper but still looks texture-y. 


Zoya Nyx (3 coats), OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (2), Sinful Colors Treasure Chest (1), and Zoya Sunshine (1). 


Here are them all with topcoat. Again, the Sinful Colors only took one coat. I have to say, Sinful Colors waited a little longer to get on the textured train but they really did an awesome job. I love the golden shimmer in it. I am really disappointed in Zoya's Nyx, it took forever to get full coverage and the formula was kind of thick. However, Sunshine really made up for it and only took 1 coat. Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! was pretty dull with topcoat since it was just a matte (is that even the proper term for it? Glitter-less?) texture without any glitter or even a teeny hint of shimmer. 

Which is your favorite without topcoat? What about with? Personally, I loved Zoya Liberty with and without topcoat the best, it's just so sparkly! 




No comments:

Post a Comment