Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Do you really need Sinful Colors Prosecco?

Have you guys seen all the hype around Sinful Colors Prosecco? People are going crazy over it! I found it at Rite Aid the other day and picked it up even though I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. I'm here to help you decide if you need it or not. 

Prosecco
Here is one coat. You can see that it's a little sheer at one coat. It's a taupey base color with gold flakies and gold shimmer. 
Two coats makes it pretty opaque, if you do thicker coats you may be okay with just two but for me you could still see obvious VNL. 
At three coats it was full opaque, this picture shows no topcoat. It's showing up a little more cool toned/gray than it is in person though, it fits definitely in the taupe category, it's got very warm undertones. 
This macro is more the true color of full three coat color. 

So what do you think of it? Something you need to hunt down or something you're going to pass on? I like it, but I'm not completely in love with it, it's not the most unique taupe/nude color in my collection. 

3 comments:

  1. It's a pretty color but not terribly unique to me. How similar is it to Pure Ice Viva Las Vegas? It's also a taupe shade with gold shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice, but I'm only buying indie now, I would rather support small business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just read this, I saw the other say someone selling a bottle of this for $12 (starting bid) I think that's a little ridiculous. I mean if I found it for $2 like in the store is say cool and probably get it just to use it. So i don't find myself drooling over it. Now, I was however drooling over uptown by Color Club (old flaky formula) and did end up paying $11 for it. But this is eh. Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. ☺️����

    ReplyDelete