Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Essie's Encrusted Treasures

I know loads of people have been giving Essie flack for their Encrusted Treasures collection, but I'm just going to start this post by saying I LOVE it so hard. I saw a picture of the collection before it was released and instantly fell in love. Then I saw swatches and read reviews and was very wary of it. But Belugaria has been staring at me every single time I go to a drug store or target. It's been daring me to try it. I think part of the reason I wanted to try it was to see for myself, I was intensely curious. So the other day I picked up two of the polishes from the collection.

First up is the most hated polish in the world, Belugaria. 
I love the way this looks, I don't know why but I do. I brought it home and swatched it on my thumb and fell in love. I actually did both hands. 
This was 2 easy coats. I think that the key to this polish is to do much thicker coats than you normally would. For one nail I went back and dipped the brush in the bottle 2 or 3 times. It was no harder than any other polish. 
The texture on this is very gritty and bumpy, much more so than your average textured polish. I don't mind, I love any and all things textured. 
You can see the texture more here.
This polish is actually very very sparkly, if you follow me on Instagram (@thejuiceboxlacquer) then you may have seen the video swatch I posted. 

The other one I picked up is On A Silvet Platter. I'm not sure if this one was supposed to be textured because I've read that it is and I've heard some people say that it isn't. 
This was 3 coats with topcoat, I added topcoat because if it was supposed to be textured it really wasn't, just a little gritty from all the glitter. This is a clear base with dense golden shimmer and blue holo hex in many sizes. This feels like an indie to me, I could go to the juice box factory and make this for myself if I so chose. 
I'm really undecided on whether I like this one as much as I'd hoped, it's very sparkly. 
I think that I do like this one, and will probably go and pick up the rest of the collection because most of what I've read about these formula wise I found to be inaccurate. 

What are your thoughts? Do you love it? Or do you hate them? 




No comments:

Post a Comment